Anne Hodgson’s latest blog post is titled “Pharrell Williams: Happy”.
Anne says, “I couldn’t make IATEFL, so it’s really great that some of the sessions are recorded and uploaded. I particularly enjoyed David Heathfield’s workshop “Storytelling and Mental Imagery”. The flow of the lesson he proposes is great. He has learners
- listening to the teacher tell the story
- visualizing the highpoint of the story with a partner+
- drawing 6 pictures on your own
- retelling the story to a partner, then the listener becoming the teller
- going from imitating to innovating (as differences emerge)
- perhaps acting out, or at least working on the physical aspects of storytelling”